Studies have shown that a bilingual program achieves the best academic performance. Many students reach the goal of performing at grade level in both languages. With a continual bilingual education, some students will perform above grade level in both languages! Taking part in a developed bilingual education program provides the student with several advantages:
- The ability to communicate in other English-speaking countries
- Development of support and relationships within the family
- Perfection of pronunciation (mostly among younger students)
- Multicultural education/acceptance/equality
- Improvement of problem solving skills
- Greater access to future career opportunities
The student has equal access to a well-rounded education in order to contribute to the growth of his/her own society, whether the primary language is English or Spanish. In addition, the student will develop skills and tools that are important for learning their second language and will use these same skills to reach a higher level of success in their first language.